Friday, June 1, 2007

Small Town Living







Living in a small town is great but sometimes your choices are limited, case in point, choosing a tanning salon. The only tanner in town is at the Gloucester Barber Shoppe. I would have never put the two together but...

After paying for my visit the woman takes me out the back door into an alley. I'm getting a strange feeling.

Then she directs me up these rickety old steps. She tells me "don't worry, they feel a little wiggley but there are support boards underneath." Up the wiggley stairs I go.

When I enter the room it looks like I'm in someones house. There's a table and chairs, a desk, a tv, and giant ashtray. What am I doing? I start looking for hidden video cameras. Then I get a look at the bed. OMG!!!! This thing is as old as I am. It has a dial for a timer and no glass protector for the top bulbs, only some type of chicken wire.

The whole thing turned out to be a wash because the bulbs are as old as the bed. I think I walked out paler than when I went in. Next time I'm going to the beach.

No comments: